1. I start with Corel® Painter and begin adding in blocks of color and light with a large brush using the computer mouse.
2. I then continue refining the different color and light delineations to give the form more structure. I gradually decrease the size of my brush to add detail and texture.
3. I continue layering and blending while focusing on the overall painting and not getting too caught up in adding unnecessary brush strokes.
4. I then bring all my painted pieces into Adobe® Photoshop and begin the final layout and color correction.
5. I will add additional highlights and shadows to ground the different subjects and add a greater depth of field. This step is by far the most crucial and is what brings your composition to life.
6. I will continue adding overlaying color to create an atmosphere. Finally, I add a slight vignette and all the last minute details.
While relying on traditional painting techniques and applying those with digital software, canvas printing, and a passion for the arts, you can come up with some truly inspiring works.
For more information on my technique, specific questions, or information on setting up a demonstration please contact me